“Just remember that Dumbo didn’t need the feather; the magic was in him.”
Stephen King, On Writing
Welcome to the online home for my work. I’m Amy McVay Abbott, a Midwestern writer. The Stephen King quote speaks to my passion for words. Here I celebrate and honor a love of words. Please visit the different sections of my site, above, and at right.
- Check out my photography books on the Photo Books page.
- Discover in “Books” if the Rolling Stones performed at dawn in my neighbor’s yard.
- Visit a Tuscan winery with me in “Gallery.”
- Read my background information in “About.”
- Visit “The Raven Lunatic” and imagine why the voices in my head put a cat’s hairballs and the Pensive Dane in the same article.
- E-Mail me with questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve written five collections, A Piece of Her Soul, Whitley County Kid, A Piece of Her Heart, A Piece of Her Mind, and The Luxury of Daydreams. I’m currently featured in “Laugh Out Loud,” the first anthology published by the Erma Bombeck Writer’s Workshop, University of Dayton, 2018. You can find links to these volumes on my Books page.
Words. Magic. Quoth the raven. Forevermore. Welcome to the home for my stories.